Summer game camps for kids – 5/1/14
Summer game camps for kids
By Tim Loew, executive director, MassDiGI
Each spring I receive questions from middle and high school parents about information on summer computer camps that offer game making. Given the interest, I thought a quick post on the subject might be helpful.
Locally, there are actually quite a few options for kids and I’ve listed several offerings below for parents to consider. If you know of any others, please let me know and I’ll add them. That said, poking around the internet, checking the summer programs scheduled at your local college or university and leafing through community papers might also turn you on to any number of others as well. Let the games begin!
- Funutation Kids Camps at Becker College (Worcester)
- iD Tech Camps at Amherst College, Bentley University (Waltham), Harvard University (Cambridge), Merrimack College (North Andover) and MIT (Cambridge)
- Emagination at Bentley University
- Microsoft YouthSpark Summer Camps (Natick)
- K-12 Student Programs at WPI (Worcester)